Menu

IEW SWI-A or B or Theme... help!

TraceyS/FL

ok, I own SWI-B and TWSS, Myths... , US History Theme.

My oldest child never made it past lesson 2 in SWI-B - I now know why, but hey, that was then, this is now! LOL!!!

My middle child has language therapy once a week for various issues, and her therapist is going on maternity leave in a couple of weeks. I think I'd like to try her on IEW (she needs A LOT of hand holding and it still might not go over well - we might spend eons just practicing KWOs), but I can't decide what to do.

Ideally i'd put her in SWI-A, because I also need something she can do while I work - or at least be able to watch the lesson again and again... and my youngest is struggling with writing and so I'd also like to try to ease her into it because she is technically headed back to B&M next year (writing with Connections Academy has been a struggle for 3rd grade this year - but that isn't a surprise either).

Can I use the videos I have with a theme book to help them visualize the lesson? Or should I buy SWI-A? I hate to take advantage of the lifetime return, but I was wondering if they would simply exchange the level for me. I think I have the student binder all intact.... i'm not sure. I'll hunt around later.

Or, can I have them watch B but just expect less? (My middle might be able to rise to the expectations in B, but probably not).

FYI, my middle child will probably not ever reach the C level, so for her I look at 6-8 materials as her high school in a couple of years. 

Thanks for any input/advice!