Menu

Do you watch your Latina Chritiana I DVD lesson all in one day?

battlemaiden

They seem really long to me. By the time the kids get to the "exercises" they are falling over and heaving sighs.

They like them on the whole.

I'm also wondering if you do a one whole lesson every day. It isn't a particularly large amount of work in the children's exercises book, but with the long video lesson it is taking such a large chunk of the morning.

Thanks.

Jo

We went through the same problem. Now, we watch the vocabulary section on Monday, watch the grammar section on Tuesday, and do the exercises on Wednesday. Thursday, I give dd a quiz. We do flash cards and reciting each day unless the lessons get too long. At some point, I will add in a Latin notebook, but right now, writing is pretty burdensome to dd.

My 4th and 5th grade ds thought it was way too long, so we split it between Monday and Tuesday too. By the way, after Lesson 5, we switched to Latin for Children since I wasn't confident in Latin and they were complaining. Well, they liked LFC better with entertaining DVD's, etc. But, it was confusing with a lot of grammar going too fast for my 9 year old, so we switched back to LC 1. It has been an expensive lesson, but I do think Latina Christiana is worth the longer DVDs. They really do learn it, and they feel good about that, as do I. HTH, Lillian

We do watch them on one day but that is 4th and 5th grade. They do some of the workbook while they are watching. It takes them about an hour to do the dvd and the workbook pages. We do it all on one day because I am only home 4 days a week. We spend the rest of the week doing Ludere Latine, writing out vocab and grammar drill, reviewing flash cards, listening to all previous audio lessons on ipods, and one day of Famous Men of Rome and the quiz. Latin is the base of our curriculum so we give it a lot of time first thing in the morning. We do not have English grammar.