Menu

Science Wiz kits

kristinannie

My rising third grader really loves science.  We read a lot of science books and I have some activity books with experiments and science activities.  I am about to have baby number 4 in June and I am on bedrest.  I really want him to have hands-on experiments and activities to do because he loves them.  At the same time, I really need something that is all done for me right now!  I don't want to go to the store and buy supplies.  I saw the Science Wiz kits and thought maybe they would work.  Has anyone used them?  Are there any other kits that you love?

We recently got two ScienceWiz kits.  I like them, I think they are nice and colorful.  But, I haven't used them yet to know if they can be done independently.  I *think* I've heard that the Magic School Bus science kits can be done without help from mom (they might still be on sale at HSBC).  There's also The Young Scientists Kits that I think a 3rd grade could do on their own.  But...you really don't want to miss out on all the fun, do you??  :001_smile:  Junior Batgirl is super excited to be getting The Big Bag of Science next year.  I have no idea how independent it is or not. 

We have tried several of them and I'd say they were just okay. The all-in-one aspect is definitely convenient, but the materials were cheap (in the negative sense of the word) and the activities just so-so. They are definitely not Thames & Kosmos quality.

Which Thames & Kosmos sets did you like?