Menu

chemistry written to the student with supply kit

Since I'll have three kids doing three separate science programs next year, I would really like to be able to hand a chemistry kit and book over to my middle son for independent study. I'll tell him when to work on it, troubleshoot if he says he's stumped, and grade assignments, but other than that I'd like to be hands-off. I don't even want to have to collect supplies. Is there a chemistry program that meets these criteria?

If it helps you recommend a program, he's going to turn 12 in January of the school year in which he studies chemistry and he's a motivated learner who is at or above grade level in all subjects.

Noeo Chemistry might fit the bill. The level 3 package comes with student books, teacher guide, and a nice Thames & Kosmos chemistry set (CHEM2000). (The package price seems high at first glance, but the T&M chemistry set is selling for almost $130 by itself on Amazon currently, so that's where a big chunk of it goes.) My DS will be starting it later this year.

There's also Elemental Science-Chemistry for logic stage. It doesn't come with its own kit, though. I am a fan of Elemental Science but we haven't used that one.