Menu

Friendly reminder for those who really want to watch the Olympics as they happen.

creekland

For those of us who happen to live in the US and don't get decent LIVE Olympic coverage, this is a friendly reminder that you CAN get it if you use a site called Tunnel Bear and switch your computer to the UK...  For unlimited viewing, it's $5, but remember to discontinue the service after the Olympics are over - that's easy to do BTDT with the previous Olympics and the America's Cup Sailboat races.  There is a certain amount allowed for free. 

(I am NOT associated with Tunnel Bear nor profiting from this post.) 

I am currently enjoying watching the Women's Mogul qualifying... ;) and thought others might want to know that, in spite of NBC, we do have options.

Many thanks to BBC as well... for offering REALLY nice coverage. (I'd send the same amount in to the BBC for the privilege if we could.)

Mostly a lurker here but coming out of hiding for a few seconds... ;)

I've been following the Tunnel Bear threads and finally got mine downloaded and working.

Could you please describe how to access the Olympics once you're "on"? Do you just google search it or is there a specific web site? I'm using Google Chrome.

Also, a question about the schedules. Are they London time or Sochi time?

Thanks,

Daisy

I googled BBC Olympics and picked their site when it came up.  Next time I'll bookmark it, but I didn't think to do it this time. The times I saw that they had listed were UK times, but I think Sochi times were there too - I just went off UK time.  You do have to adjust for your own time zone when planning - or, if you're like us - some things we watch after they are done and just pretend that we're watching them live.  They keep everything on there by event.  You can watch qualifying runs, finals, almost anything (if there are some things left uncovered, it's never been anything that appealed to us).  It's really nice.

Thanks for the suggestion but I still can't find any live coverage. BBC has lots of coverage and short video clips but nothing live that I can find. I'm thinking of checking out some Canadian sites via Tunnel Bear, unless someone can direct me to a specific BBC site?