Menu

Art: Over 2500 Works From Cave to Contemporary

Hello,

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever recommended this book. I was searching around these forums one day and came across a thread that mentioned this DK Art book (I can't even remember if it was an art-specific thread), but I looked it up and I LOVE it! It is exactly what I have been looking for!

Thank you!

Hello,

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever recommended this book. I was searching around these forums one day and came across a thread that mentioned this DK Art book (I can't even remember if it was an art-specific thread), but I looked it up and I LOVE it! It is exactly what I have been looking for!

Thank you!

Can u ask, how are you using it. It looks great but I don't have anything art related going on and I maybe should.

Thanks, Michelle

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

I research and write my own short biographies of the artists (we are studying them in chronological order, about once a week) and I used to print out 2-3 of the artists' most famous works to hang on our wall. Now, we just look through this book to review and keep the art fresh in our minds. Then, we will watch a Khan Academy video of the artist, if there is one available. Next, we do a hands-on project in the style of the artist, usually from Discovering Great Artists. So, nothing too rigorous, as my girls like art, but it is not their talent; just enough to expose them to the world of fine arts.

:)  Krista

Good morning,

I research and write my own short biographies of the artists (we are studying them in chronological order, about once a week) and I used to print out 2-3 of the artists' most famous works to hang on our wall. Now, we just look through this book to review and keep the art fresh in our minds. Then, we will watch a Khan Academy video of the artist, if there is one available. Next, we do a hands-on project in the style of the artist, usually from Discovering Great Artists. So, nothing too rigorous, as my girls like art, but it is not their talent; just enough to expose them to the world of fine arts.

:)  Krista

Thank you for these 2 resources!

It looks great but I don't have anything art related going on and I maybe should.

I research and write my own short biographies of the artists (we are studying them in chronological order, about once a week) and I used to print out 2-3 of the artists' most famous works to hang on our wall.

Another good resource is

Art in Story: Teaching Art History to Elementary School Children by Marianne C. Saccardi.

Regards,

Kareni

Another good resource is

Art in Story: Teaching Art History to Elementary School Children by Marianne C. Saccardi.

Regards,

Kareni

That is an awesome book! Especially for someone that is just teaching art from a smart phone or tablet, without hardcopy books. This book combined with the Discovering Great Artists and the Khan Videos, really is a nice combination.