Menu

WTM writing 7th grade

I am following SWB's plan from her writing audio lectures instead of using a writing curriculum. For 7th grade, she says the student should do 3-level outlines, write a composition from that outline, and write literary essays.

Is that it?

I was thinking about having my son also do some reports in history and science. How often should I have him do them and are they basically like a narration? He'll also do lab reports of science experiments.

Am I missing anything else that's important?

Since no one else answered, I'll bite.  The audio you have of SWB may be old.  At this point her WWS curriculum goes beyond that and is a whole lot easier to implement, if you can stomach the boring parts.  With an older dc, you might be ready to combine lessons, drop some components, etc. to keep a faster pace.  I did WWS1 last year at double pace with dd for 8th, and this year we're hoping to do WWS2 in about 13 weeks.  We dropped about 1/2, combined the rest.  WTM has you working through writing curricula, and actually I think SWB in her convention talks says to use curriculum too.  So it's not like she's saying just to float out there on your own and try to figure it out, lol.