Menu

Mixed/black hair product?

amo_mea_filiis.

My poor dd's hair is terribly dry. Bad bad bad.

In the warmer weather I load her up with coconut oil (regular old oil), but in the winter, the oil can't be used. It turns quite solid in her hair! Lol. I didn't think of it at the time.

So what can be used in winter in place of the coconut oil? The coconut oil is amazing and inexpensive.

Try Mixed Chicks www.mixedchicks.net -really good

Carols Daughter products www.carolsdaughter.com

Shea Moisture www.sheamoisture.com - these can be found at walmart. They have a children's line as well.

also go to pintrest and put in biracial/mixed children hair and you will get a lot of tips for hair care.

Plus having a spray bottle of 2/3 water and1/3 olive oil and use it when detangling and moisturizing.

We've been washing hair a lot less, at most every 2 weeks, and using a lot more conditioner since we got the Curly Girl book/DVD at our library.  It was good for my daughter to see all those curly-haired beautiful women liking their hair!  I'll probably never do some of the things they recommend (Avocado and banana?  On hair?  No.),  but the way they say to detangle really works.