Menu

Wording for High School Diploma

Evergreen State Sue

(I posted this on the High School board, but I was hoping to get more responses by posting here)

If you have given your high school graduate a diploma, what was the wording on the diploma.  Was it a personal diploma just from your family, or was it a diploma associated with a home schooling organization?  I'm looking for wording ideas.

My ds will be graduating high school this year and going through a ceremony with about 40 seniors associated with our local home school co-op, support group or in the home school community in general. Part of the ceremony is the parents handing their student an official high school diploma.  I just got a look at the proof of the diploma.  It is very official looking and reads: 

Diploma of Graduation

State of (state name)

This Certifies That

(name of student)

Has completed the Course of Study prescribed for High School Graduation

and is therefore awarded this

Diploma

Given this (day) day of (month), two thousand and fourteen

Thanks, Patty Joanna.  So kind of you to offer me some special paper.  Your wording is very similar to what the support group decided on.  I think we'll just go with what they have and they will have it printed on the special paper for us. I found my own diploma from public high school and it too is very similar in wording.  I don't think anybody ever saw it besides my immediate family because it came in the mail weeks after the graduation ceremony.  I'm sure they wanted to make sure I passed all the classes that year.   I am toying with the idea of printing a separate one that better reflects our homeschooling experience, but I haven't decided on that or not.  I guess I'll ask my dh and graduate if it makes any difference to them.  Thanks again.