Menu

God help the next person that says...

Flowing Brook

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's really awful that some people are giving you a hard time about what happened. Our dog was a part of our family for almost 16 years. It would have been devastating to have something like this happen to her, but I hope I wouldn't risk my own life to save her. That wouldn't be fair at all to my children.

Thanks I know Rowan was not just a dog. I am quoting what people said. I just noticed that I did not put that in quotation marks. I know each dog has his own uniqueness. Rowan's was he would play hide and seek with Daisy. (my moms standard.) he would be running and playing with her. Then he would run away and crouch behind a tree. When she would run past. He would run out and "attack" her. He did it so often I know it was not a coincidence.

Another thing that would make me laugh is he knew he had to sit for a treat or to get his  leash on for a walk. If he saw me eating something he would sit without me telling him to. If I did not give him anything he would stay sitting and bark. Kinda like " hey don't you see I'm sitting?"  If I left the room without giving him what I was eating he would run after me, jump in my path and sit.  Then if I still did not give him anything he would stay sitting, bark ,then he'd start pawing at me all the while he'd stay sitting. I'm not sure he ever got off without a treat. :)

Thanks for sharing these memories of Rowan.  I can just picture him doing these things that made him so unique.  May God comfort you in your loss.

Thanks again everyone! I live in a small town and now that it is a week and a half since it happened everyone knows about it.  Today I was talking to the lady I clean for. She asked me about it and I could not help but to start crying about it. She actually started crying herself when I was telling her about it. Out of habit I started defending myself about why I could not go out on the ice and get him. She immediately cut me off and told me there was no way I could have gone out and gotten him and how sorry she was. I just thought I'd share since I have been sharing all the bad stories thought it was time to share a good one.