Menu

Merry Christmas to us...

PeachyDoodle

Our septic system just backed up all over our basement. :cursing:

I started downstairs to hear the sound of running water, which was our toilet overflowing into three inches of raw sewage covering the bathroom floor. The bathtub is full as well.

At this point it looks pretty likely that we won't have any running water until we can get a plumber in here, which of course will be Thursday at the earliest. None of us has even had a shower yet today; I have been cleaning the house, and dh was preparing a prime rib for Christmas dinner.

First world problems, I know, but still. JAWM here, okay?

Thanks. My dad is on top of it. (We rent my late grandmother's house from him and my aunt, and he owns a home improvement company.) Maybe we will get lucky and they can get out here this afternoon.

We do have the option of staying with my parents, or at least going there to shower, etc. if we need to. We will probably sleep here tonight regardless, so the kids don't freak out about Santa! DD is already panicking that dh and I might sleep in the living room b/c of the smell downstairs. I told her Santa will just have to get over it!