Menu

Could anyone compare BJU english, Rod and Staff english and Climbing to Good English grades 6/7 and up?

I want to choose one that will do the job and keep it through highschool with best results possible.

We have tried BJU in 3rd and part of 4th for just the writing portion and it was ok, but did not seem enough from what I remember. The best part was that the writing was stretched out and broken down for me so I did not have to think much how to break it up.

We did CTGE for part of 4th and then in 5th, and it was hard (ds hates writing), but I think it was better than BJU. More grammar, more writing and he did not do well on his tests. Maybe I should forgo the tests next time round. 

Ds asked for a change for 6th so I chose IEW level A and it bombed within a month it became a drudgery. Don't get me wrong, he can watch the videos and laugh and enjoy them, but then, when it came to actual writing, it was a no go.

Now, I am wondering if I should continue with it for the rest of the year, or should I go back to one of the other 2 (BJU or CTGE) and give it another try.

I am looking for suggestion. Curriculum hunting mid year gets me frazzled.

Thank you.