Menu

How can I keep cookies fresh until the 25th? Flying Monday!

ChiMomNP

We are going to Boston for Christmas. I want to bring cookies with us. I want to give some to my parents and to my son's other grandparents. I know I can freeze them, but we fly Monday. We are leaving our house at 4 AM (MST) and not getting into Boston until 5 PM (EST). My son won't see his other grandparents until Wednesday the 25th...What can I do to make these cookies last? 

I'm making chocolate chip, oatmeal scotchies, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter/heath, and christmas crack. The crack is already made and in the freezer. I was going to make the cookies tomorrow. 

Is there anyway I can get these cookies to last? Can I re-freeze or re-refrigerate them until the 25th once I get there? 

Thank you for your help!

Ooooh. I saw a video from either Saveur or America's Test Kitchen on this. Get your tin, wax paper, wheat tortilla, wax paper, cookies. Repeat, ending with a tortilla then wax paper.

ETA: But it depends on the kind of cookie. Something like a shortbread will keep well sealed workout any fuss.