Menu

Writing for dds in 7th and 8th

My two older dds are in 7th and 8th grades this year. The older is dyslexic, and they are both behind in writing. Older can write a great narration, and we are working hard on spelling with Apples and Pears and grammar/ punctuation with Easy Grammar. She is doing well with Wordsmith, which I like, and writing History narrations, but for her it is not enough. Next dd is doing well with Spelling Workout G and Winston Grammar Basic (almost finished and will then start Advanced). She has done WWE off and on and is now doing WWS 1, but still can't write a coherent paragraph. My older dss write very well, and I have tried hard with these two, but I need help! They need practice again writing a well- crafted sentence, then paragraphs, then longer compositions. I need to get them up to speed. They have both read lots of good literature. I have looked at IEW but have never really liked it. I would love your suggestions. Thanks! Lillian

Have you looked at EPS Writing Skills by Diana Hanbury King?  They are inexpensive workbooks with different levels.  The workbooks start at the beginning and teach writing step-by-step.  I credit this series with finally getting my DDs writing without stress and tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------