Menu

Language Lessons for Elementary Child with Daily Grams

Chloe

Do you think these would work well together? Does this sound like it would be sufficient for 4th grade LA? We would also do some written history or science narrations here and there (once or twice a week), and add something for spelling. Would this be enough grammar? I'm actually more concerned with writing right now, but don't want to let grammar go completely. I'd like to gently work up to being able to use R & S 5 or Winston Grammar Basic in 6th grade.

Thanks!

My 10yr old is currently using Language Lessons for the Elementary Child 2 along with Daily Grams 2.

He hasn't had too much grammar but I have always added in something every year. 1st grade FLL, 2nd grade half of FLL 2nd part, 3rd grade Calvert & 4th we using Queenshomeschool along with Daily Grams 2 and learning the prepositions.

In the Fall for his 5th grade year we are going to use R&S 5.

Language Lessons for the Elementary Child has worked well for my son. He does two lessons a day and when copywork is assigned I have him copy the paragraph and do a lesson in grammar too. For instance today he will do a copy lesson 65 and continue with lesson 72 which is Creative Writing with Adverbs.

HTH,

I forgot to add that he is doing Daily Grams 2 because he always forgets about capitals. He knows what needs to be capitalized but forgets. Plus it has parts of speech, combining sentences and practice with punctuation marks.

I started him using Daily Grams 3 but switched to 2. I have Easy Grammar 3 and like the whole preposition thing so I am also having him memorize those to.

Blessings,

This is what I plan for my ds, but I am going to have him do a copywork lesson from Queen's with 1 or 2 (depends on the lesson) grammar/writing lessons each day. I am also going to alternate between Easy Grammar and Daily Grams doing 2 lessons in one of those books each day. HTH

Blessings,

Pat