Menu

If You Want To Sample Obamacare...

Trish

...without actually registering (if you can't, or don't want to give your info due to site security concerns), you can get very good information at: 

TheHealthSherpa.com

This is the site created on a shoestring by 3 techies who know what they're doing.

Just thought it might be helpful if you want to compare things, with deadlines looming and all.

:hat:

Thanks for the site. Our insurance was cancelled and so we've had to look for new insurance. What we did this year was to find a new plan on eHealthinsurance that started Dec 28th. It doesn't have all the coverage from plans in the exchange and you can still be excluded for pre-existing conditions, but we found that this plan will save us at least $5,000 in premiums in 2014 and then we'll have to get a plan the last few days in December 2014 that qualifies for Obamacare. Since it technically started in 2013 it gives us almost a year of leeway.  I don't think that we'll qualify for subsidies (due to owning a business and any money that is saved for the business is also considered income) but even if we did qualify this might still put us ahead. I'm also very hesitant to enter personal information in the government site due to security issues and so I feel safer going through another website.