Menu

Anyone have a non-stick Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri?

Pegasus

I've been wanting to replace my old style Teflon pans with one of the newer/safer products.  The ceramic pans have very mixed reviews as it seems like they work great at first but quickly lose their non-stick feature.  Now I've run across the Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri and it looks a little too good to be true.  The Amazon reviews are very good.  So, I tried Google searching reviews and found quite a few blogs giving positive reviews.

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who owns one of these pans. What do you think of it?  It is more than I normally would spend for a skillet but if it successfully replaces Teflon, I'll consider it a win.

I don't have that one you mentioned but we did get a Cuisinart Green Gourmet because MIL got one and absolutely loves it. We've had it a couple months now and it still works great. One thing we suspect is that the plastic scrubbie sponge that I wash pots and pans with may have caused teeny tiny scratches to the surface of other nonstick pans we've owned and perhaps that contributed to their eventual failure. I don't know for sure but it's a working theory. So I'm careful to wash this one with just a cloth. And I've stopped using soap on it because it made eggs taste soapy. But I'm the only one in my family that noticed this. Still the pan gets clean and grease free with a soft cloth and hot water. I think the pan has gotten very slightly sticky with eggs but that may be because I use a silicone spatula instead of an egg turner spatula so I don't get completely under the egg, if that makes sense. So it may not actually be the fault of the pan. Anyway, it's only been a couple months but so far so good.