Menu

MCT Advanced Academic Writing w/out MLA?

Paige

Has anyone done MCT's Advanced Academic Writing and taught a citation style other than MLA? Personally, I dislike MLA and find it clunky and less user friendly for the writer or the person who wants to use the sources. I'd rather use Chicago or APA. I flipped through the book and I see it relies heavily, if not solely on MLA. I don't want to create too many headaches for myself, but after high school and freshman comp, I never used MLA again. I'd rather spend time teaching DS something more useful. He may need to use MLA in freshman comp, but it wouldn't be too hard to convert for one class and the prof may not even care what he uses as long as he's consistent.

If you've gone through MCT's writing, do you think it would be easy enough to adapt it all to APA, or would it involve too much supplementation and ignoring the book to make it worth it? I already have Advanced Academic Writing and intend to use it.