Menu

the power of praise on our children

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it was just too good for other people to pass by.  This article is quite old, but I recently read it and it hit me hard.  I had never really heard of praise talked about in this regard and how much our wording can affect our children.  

As the primary educator for our children, I think there is a lot we can learn from the study conducted and this article, in general.

I am sure I am not the only person in this boat.  I hope someone else can glean some wisdom from it, as well!

The Power (and Peril) of Praising Your Kids

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it was just too good for other people to pass by. This article is quite old, but I recently read it and it hit me hard. I had never really heard of praise talked about in this regard and how much our wording can affect our children.

As the primary educator for our children, I think there is a lot we can learn from the study conducted and this article, in general.

I am sure I am not the only person in this boat. I hope someone else can glean some wisdom from it, as well!

The Power (and Peril) of Praising Your Kids

If you enjoyed the article, the researcher in the article, Dr. Carol Dweck, has compiled the team's findings in a fabulous and life-altering book called 'Mindset, the New Psychology of Success.'

Reading the book really helped me change and solidify my thoughts and methodology for how I encourage and respond to my dd. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Here is a link to the official site called Mindset, where you can buy the book...or find various articles, including an NPR interview.

http://mindsetonline.com/

In addition, there are several books out that are similar, each focusin on a different aspect. Most of the books are listed on the same site:)