Menu

if you are a licensed Master's level counselor, could you help me think this through...

laughing lioness

K. I have an MFT degree but no post grad hrs. I need 1700, incl 200 of supervision (about 2 hrs a week if I do this in 2 yrs). I talked with a MH today who will office share with me (gorgeous office! in new part of town) eves and Mon and Fri afternoon, plus feed me clients (mainly kids or fmailies with kids- she's CBT with Dialectic/ solutions focus- I'm totally cool w/.that) for $100 a month- yes, $100. Plus, help me market and share all of her forms- They'll be 3 therapists in the 3 office suite.

I'd have to get and pay for my own supervision- -I have 2 possibilities- they have time, I'm just not sure if I can afford the several hundred dollars a mth for sup. I'm also working 2 p.t. jobs right now- one would have to go, and homeschooling and trying to finish the house and get it ready to sell. I'm feeling maxed, but getting licensed would- long term -be better professionally and $-wise.

Plus grandma said she'd pay for my licensing exam....

Thoughts? This will be worth 2 yrs of getting my grits cooked, right? I'm so tired from this one job I could cry.

sorry for typos- damaged, bandaged finger.

I'm "working off" my hours now. I have 3 sets of initials - 2 of them still include "associate" or "intern" status and supervision. I'm fortunate that my LPC supervisor is also an LMFT supervisor.

Yes, it is a hassle. Yes, it's worth it if you need to re-define and build a career at mid life.

Or, even if you "just" want to!