Menu

Long shot- Sports curriculum?

jenn-

Does anyone know of a curriculum or workbook series that teaches the basics of different sports for kids?  My boys haven't been involved in team sports, and I don't foresee them ever being part of them.  They still want to know what is going on during sporting events though.  We have recently been to a few of the minor league baseball games and I have given them most of the rules for that, but football season is upon us and they want to try a football game next.  I know I could probably handle those basic rules, but once basketball and soccer start up, I will be at a loss. 

Youtube videos and the USA[sport] websites are excellent resources.

Every time DS mentions a sport I pull it up a video about the basics of the sport to make sure he knows what the sport is about. He has decided his wants to play water polo when he is old enough for the nearest team and is taking swimming lessons to work on his swimming and then wants to do a non-competitive swim team weekly so he is ready in 5 years.