Menu

Creative Writer 2—paper copy or pdf download?

Erica in OR

I'm set to purchase a copy of Creative Writer 2 to use with a 6th and an 8th grader. I see that Peace Hill Press offers an option to purchase a pdf download. Any pros or cons for the paper copy vs pdf versions? There were no writing exercises shown in the samples, so I'm wondering if there are pages I'll be pulling out anyway or needing to scan to print out copies for both my kids.

Erica in OR

We have CW1, and while I drooled over the hard copy, I ended up buying the pdf download.  The reason I remember using was how the student and teacher pages were interspersed.  I wanted to be able to give my daughter just the student pages and not the teacher sections.  Now I checked CW1 and CW2 out of the library at the same time, and I seem to recall they were set up a bit differently.  Please forgive my memory, but one of them had the teacher pages after each section and the other had them all in the back.  I can't recall which book had which setup.  CBD has inside previews (and an excellent price for the hard copies).  Good luck!

Thanks for the input and the tip about CBD having inside previews. They had an excerpt of one of the student sections, which was very helpful. Ended up ordering a hard copy.

I always wish there was a bit more of a price differential for the pdf copies. I know a lot of work goes into developing and publishing the book, but with the savings on printing and shipping, I'd hope for more of a break.

Erica in OR