Menu

Math fun?

I'm planning to start our school year August 26th but next week I want to do a math review week for all of the kids. I'm wondering if anyone here has some fun math game or activity ideas. My 10 year old needs to do a basic review of SM 4a/4b especially fractions and decimals, my 7 year old needs to review the 21 exercises of SM 2a and number bonds, and my 5 year old will be reviewing 6 units of Singapore Essentials a. She especially needs to review number recognition to 10. I'm going to call this our math camp week kinda like private schools do with Latin camp etc. before school starts. I will be using our SM texts for review but I also want to make it fun.  :bigear:

Hmmm ... would Khan Academy and the trophies you get be enough fun? You could make the trophies equal points and then when they get enough points they can cash them in for a reward.

You are looking to review quite specific topics so I don't know what else to suggest.

THe 24 game (we have the cards but here is an online version - http://www.mathplayground.com/make_24.html) is fun and good to generally get them thinking mathematically again.

Otherwise just use problems from last year's books and turn them into a quiz show or 'beat the clock' challenge or some similar game.