Menu

All-time favorite art programs?

I would love to hear your very favorite art programs, books, DVD series, etc. I am making decisions about art curricula and am looking for something fantastic! I have two older art students (6-8 grade) and two younger (K-3). Something that can be adapted to both would be awesome, but maybe I should have a different program for the two levels.

Thanks for your help!

ETA: Sorry--moved this over to the K-8 Curriculum Board

We used Art Lab for Kids and will be "re-using" it again this year.  I really, really like it.  I just started at the beginning and went to the next lab if a specific lesson didn't catch my eye first.

I chose this book b/c art classes are expensive here (they work out to be about $20-30 session for a 2 hour class).  This is a description of a typical class:  This class will introduce children to a variety of art media, focusing on drawing, painting, and sculpture techniques while encouraging participants to develop a direct relationship with the materials they use. Examples from art history will provide inspiration for the original works the children create.

This is essentially what Art Lab focuses on too.  

I knew how much I would pay for a 6 week session for my children and for half that I was able to purchase the book and the supplies that were listed at the front of the book.  My kids really enjoyed the lessons and we got through a lot of them and continue to revisit favorite ones and try new ones.  I felt no need to change the "curriculum" this year and aside from some more paper I didn't have to repurchase supplies this year.  The key for me was to make that one big purchase b/c then everything was available and we could do whatever we wanted.