Menu

stomach flu phobia kicking in....sorry

ProudGrandma

My son started complaining of a slight tummy ache at about 3 this afternoon....but he said it had been bothering him since about 1:30 or so.  He hasn't gotten sick yet (it's 8:19 here)....but he is sleeping in his bed.  He complained about being very tired.  He ate a grahm cracker at about 5, but no supper.  Before he fell asleep he complained about not being able to get comfortable and that his tummy still hurt....so I guess my phobia question is...how long after a child complains of the first tummy aches will getting sick NOT mean the stomach flu?  I know that was badly worded...I just couldnt' figure out a better way....but maybe since it's been over 6 hours and nothing and by the time I go to bed at 11 it will be nearly 9 hours....or so...what are the odds he will get sick (from the flu) after that?  Am I really a weirdo in asking...it's ok...you can tell me.  My husband thinks I am totally nuts!!!!!

thanks for aiding in my phobia behavior.

Guest inoubliable

Flu doesn't come with "tummy aches". So there's that. 

If your kid has an upset stomach and isn't puking, he should probably be pooping. There's that. 

If he's not sick at all out of either end and there's no fever, I can't imagine doing anything than what you're already doing - let him rest.