Menu

Is there anything like Winning with Writing...

.... That ISN'T actually Winning with Writing?? :)

DS is just not a willing writer. Narrations and classical style are out here. And although this isn't the route I've taken for most subjects, I need something that is more public schoolish. DS will most likely be heading back to school within a couple years, so I need something that teaches the different types of writing explicitly and is very open and go.

I've tried Bravewriter, and while I like some elements, it's just not enough here. I need serious handholding. Not IEW, not MCT. We have Hake Grammar and like it, but the writing piece is not our favorite, although its still an option. I have the Writers Express handbook and its a fantastic resource, but I'm having trouble pulling assignments from it.

The format of WWW is great but honestly, I don't care for the sentences and I don't feel like the writing is great.

We also have Kilgallon, but that's not really meeting my goal of teaching forms of writing.

So what is it that I want? Does it exist?? :)