Menu

Finally introducing myself! :)

Hello All!

I'm finally getting around to introducing myself.  I've been hanging around the forums and browsing but now am finally sitting down to say a more formal "hello!"

I am mom to three -- 9 year old son, 7 year old daughter, and 5 year old son.  This fall I will be newly homeschooling my 9 and 7 year olds (youngest is going to finish out third year of Montessori school).  We live in the Hampton Roads area and have been here for nearly 13 years.  DH travels quite a bit for work and also is committed to the Marine Corps (Reserves), so I will appreciate some of the flexibility that HSing will hopefully bring.  My background includes masters and doctoral work in gerontology and instructional design and development but career paths changed when the children arrived!  :)

I've been teaching Montessori Lower Elementary for the past four years (my own children were also in my class) and love the foundation and experience that Montessori gave us.  I am now very much looking forward to moving into a classical education for my children and I look forward to "meeting" many new members of the community here.  

Thanks!

Maryann

• 2 weeks later...