Menu

Do I need BOTH Rewards and Megawords?

I bought and used Rewards Reading for my 13 year old dd at the end of last year. She reads and spells pretty well but still struggles a little and I wanted to help catch her up to speed a little better this year. SO...I bought Rewards Secondary and also the Rewards Science program to use with her. I also bought Megawords to help with her spelling. However, after I received them and began looking at them, I am now wondering if Megawords is actually all I need. I guess I didn't realize it works on reading skills also. Would using both Rewards and Megawords be overkill? What do you all recommend?

I don't think Megawords does a great job with reading, nor does REWARDS do too much with spelling, so no, I don't think it would be overkill. I'd use each program for what it's best at. (There are so few spelling words with REWARDS that I'd do them, because they are reinforcing the reading skill. However, I wouldn't "count" it as spelling.)