Menu

Hake Grammar for 2 students....what do I need?

HSmomof2

If you are letting them write in the text, then you will need two texts and 2 workbooks. There is plenty of room to do so, we found. If they will be sharing and copying, then you can get by with just one of each.

Note that the textbook contains grammar lessons only (and a small bit of vocab within each grammar lesson).  The workbook contains the writing lessons, and some "extra practice" worksheets for a specific few (approximately 20 or 30 of the 120+) grammar lessons.  We don't use the writing portion of Hake and have never needed more grammar practice than what is in the textbook (because it has SO much review), so we've never used the workbook at all.  The textbook is definitely the bulk of the program.  Many users here seem to use the grammar and do something else for writing, so I wanted to mention that in case you're planning the same.

There's a link in my signature to the Hake website where you can see samples, scope & sequence, and more info.  Also there are samples on christianbook.com