Menu

How do *you* schedule Adventus MusIQ?

So we have tried the first few lessons in Adventus MusIQ's Children's Music Journey Volume 1, and so far, we are very impressed. It's great that our 4.5yo, who is not reading yet, can use it too, and the 8 and 11yo's are flying through the early lessons and practice sessions.

If you use this program, tell me how you schedule it. I have three children using the computer and keyboard, plus they need the computer for typing practice as well, and I'm just not a huge fan of a ton of screen time during the week. As of now, the lessons are so short and easy that they want more than "do a lesson one day, and the practice for that lesson the next," so I was setting the timer for about 20 minutes per child, per day (which gets them through about two lessons and two practices at this point, although I expect that it will slow down as the lessons get harder), and that's reasonable to me, plus fairly easy to work into our daily schedule with typing and times that DH also needs the computer. But that's not leaving a lot of time for the games, and it does seem like those are important to reinforcing the skills. But I also don't want them playing games too much. So if you've worked this into your schedule, how did you do it?