Menu

Mcruffy Math users

ammv15

I used McGruffy for K-2 with my youngest son. I chose it because it was plenty for his attention span, lots of manipulatives to solidify the lesson. He really enjoyed it and was sorry when we stopped. We switched to Math Mammoth because I thought it would be a better fit for the long hall. He was able to transition without any problems. He will be doing MM5 this fall.

That is a tricky question. I tried email the writer of McRuffy as to what he suggested using after grade 4 (at the time that was the highest they had out) and all he would tell me was that they were planning on creating more levels. We tried transitioning after grade 3 to Saxon (since I knew a move to another math was inevitable anyway) and it was a complete failure. From there we tried MEP and finally settled with MM. I would hope that either by the end of grade 5 (or grade 6 when they come out with that) that you could just transition to some sort of pre-Algebra. If that doesn't work then MM would probably be a good option.