Menu

homeschool scrapbook theme - any ideas?

Every year I make a scrapbook/yearbook for my DS. It helps me to have a theme based around a quote. This year my mind is blank! If you can think of anything it would be a HUGE blessing.

Thanks!

Past years have been:

6th grade –

Quote -One never learns to understand truly anything but what one loves. ~ Goethe

Theme -Loving the 6th grade

Each page had hearts cut out with sayings like â€Love is for the birds†when he went to a program about birds or “Love thy neighbor†on the page with his community service projects.

5th grade-

Quote – Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.

Theme - Defining the 5th grade

Each page had a definition like Lego –noun- a construction toy consisting of plastic bricks…

Then a sentence about his Lego club and the Lego store etc.

4th grade –

Quote - Home is where your story begins.

Theme - The story of 4th grade

Each page had a book with Title, Setting, Characters and Plot describing each activity.

What an awesome thing to do!

As far as ideas, I'm not a scrapbooker, and I don't consider myself creative, so bear with me, but when I think of my rising 7th grader, the first quote that comes to mind is one from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Life is a journey, not a destination."

I'm not exactly sure what your theme could look like, but I am picturing a road map/world map type thing, with different events/places visited as stops along the way. I know with my son, he is so focused on "growing-up" and looking forward to being a teenager (or high school or driving or whatever the next step is), that sometimes I feel like he's missing out on the things he's doing right now. I wish I could slow him down and call his attention to all the places he's been, people he's met, and things he's learned/accomplished along his hurried path to adolescence/adulthood that are molding him and making him who he is and will be.

What an awesome thing to do!

As far as ideas, I'm not a scrapbooker, and I don't consider myself creative, so bear with me, but when I think of my rising 7th grader, the first quote that comes to mind is one from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Life is a journey, not a destination."

I'm not exactly sure what your theme could look like, but I am picturing a road map/world map type thing, with different events/places visited as stops along the way. I know with my son, he is so focused on "growing-up" and looking forward to being a teenager (or high school or driving or whatever the next step is), that sometimes I feel like he's missing out on the things he's doing right now. I wish I could slow him down and call his attention to all the places he's been, people he's met, and things he's learned/accomplished along his hurried path to adolescence/adulthood that are molding him and making him who he is and will be.

Love it! :hurray:

That's a great idea and very creative! Maps and geotags marking places he went and places he studied this year ... I could get get into that.

Thank you!