Menu

CLRC Classes

I have never promoted anything on this board before now, but the ad below is worth passing along to those looking for things for their kids to do this summer, and even for high school students looking for credits. My daughter has taken Greek, Literature, and a Tolkien class with the Classical Resource Center and I have been so pleased that we will likely continue to have our daughter and our other children, beginning this year, take classes all the way through high school. The teachers are outstanding and the content is interesting and challenging.

So the information is below. I would be happy to answer any questions people may have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classical Learning Resource Center Summer Class Registration

Just 10 days left before CLRC Summer Classes begin!

The Classical Learning Resource Center offers classes in Classical Greek, Latin, Literature, and Composition for elementary school, middle school, high school, and adults. All of our teachers hold advanced degrees (teaching credentials, Master’s, or PhD’s) and have extensive teaching experience.

Summer classes available are:

Writer’s Boot Camp (for Middle School and High School)

July 8th – July 31st Mondays and Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time

The Life and Works of J.R.R. Tolkien

June 3rd to August 5th, Mondays 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Shakespeare’s Romances

June 3rd to August 5th, Tuesdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Chronicles of Narnia (for grades 6-8)

June 3rd to August 5th, Thursdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time

C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity, Surprised by Joy, Out of the Silent Planet, Till We Have Faces (High School Level)

June 3rd to August 5th, Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Introduction to Poetry

June 3rd to August 5th, Tuesdays 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time

Introduction to Byzantine Chant

June 6th to August 15th, Thursdays 1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Pacific Time

We also offer summer tutoring in Classical Greek and Latin.

You can register on the CLRC website here: www.clrchomeschool.com

We’ve had some trouble with our online registration system recently, connected with a system upgrade. To confirm your registration, or if you have any trouble registering, please email us at: anne.clrc@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing! Are all of these geared towards middle and high school? We're not there yet but these look like a nice option when we are ready for them.

Yes, they are for middle and high schoolers, although they do have some Latin classes for elementary age children during the school year. We will be starting these for the first time this fall. The parents are involved in the class. I think it is a great way to teach the class because it equips the parents to help the children and to learn alongside them.