Menu

help for ACT math-

My daughter is in 10th grade and just took her first ACT. Her scores came back yesterday and she did very well in everything except writing and math. She said she knew how to do many of the math problems but just spent too much time.

What can she do to help speed up answering the questions. Is it just a matter of practicing the problems over and over?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for another study guide other than the "ACT red book" that might give more hints and suggestions .

Thanks so much

pam

Barron's ACT 36 had good reviews, so I bought that one for my 15 y/o ds. So far, I've only just skimmed through the first 50 pages or so (and he hasn't looked at it at all yet--I suspect he's gonna need some "prodding" from Mom to get started w/ it ;-) ), but it does seem to have some good recommendations for test taking strategy. Amazon offers it for about $11.xx and also has about 30 reviews you can read for yourself. Good luck!