Menu

Which grammar after Winston Grammar

My dd13 is using Winston Grammar Basic. She has done well, although sometimes she relies on the cards too much. I'm not sure if I want to continue on with Winston Grammar Advance when we are done with basic or move on to something else. I would like her to learn to diagram, which Winston does not teach. I would also like her to form a better understanding of the parts of speech without using clue cards as a crutch. I'm just not sure what program to use. Winston Grammar has been our first and only experience with grammar so I really have no idea what other programs are like. Any suggestions?

My dd13 is using Winston Grammar Basic. She has done well, although sometimes she relies on the cards too much. I'm not sure if I want to continue on with Winston Grammar Advance when we are done with basic or move on to something else. I would like her to learn to diagram, which Winston does not teach. I would also like her to form a better understanding of the parts of speech without using clue cards as a crutch. I'm just not sure what program to use. Winston Grammar has been our first and only experience with grammar so I really have no idea what other programs are like. Any suggestions?

I recommend Analytical Grammar. I have used it this year with my ds12 and he has done very well with it. There is diagramming and it covers all parts of speech. The lessons are short, covering one topic each week. You cover the lesson/new topic on Monday and then the student practices identifying and diagramming the rest of the the week, with a test on day 4 or 5.

Kim