Menu

Horizons Math to Singapore...placement help?

Sue G in PA

I'm not sure what to do. My ds10 just finished up Horizons 3 Book 1 (yes, he is a bit behind). We only used Horizons b/c I got the 3rd grade set for free at a yard sale. Well, we plodded along but I HATE Horizons. :/ I'm selling the 2nd book and want to go back to Singapore. I looked at the placement test for 3A and he has some of the skills down, but not others (long division, measurements, etc). I don't want to purchase the entire 3A workbook for just a few problem areas. What are my options? I could go through the textbook and just do those problems, I could purchase a few MM Blue books for those problem areas, we could work on multiplication and division facts (necessary) or skip it all together and just do 3B...supplementing the areas we "missed". What do you all think? Any other options I've not considered? Thanks!

Hi,

We used the standards Extra Practice book to help with transitioning from Saxon. I liked it because it had some explanation pages and then problems to do but not an overwhelming number. She skipped sections she already understood well. I thought it was like a text and workbook rolled into one and contains all the review material for the year in one book. You could use it for more review when you do 3B.