Menu

Total Language Plus...does it need supplementing?

SeeSchells

I am wondering if anyone uses TLP? And if you do, what (if any) supplementing do you use? We are switching things up next year. I really like what I see with this curriculum, but I worry about writing and spelling not being enough...and maybe grammar too. HA! The next thing I know I will supplement it all and then we will be doing way too much!! Thoughts??

Ok great! Thank you! My son also struggles in writing so I was worried that the writing in TLP wouldn't be enough. I have heard it is more writing prompts than instruction in writing. What do you use to supplement the grammar? I was thinking Easy Grammar or Daily Grams. My son does well in grammar. We have completed all the levels in FLL, but I don't want him to lose anything. His other real weakness is spelling. I am going back and forth on supplementing it. I was considering R&S spelling. We currently use AAS, which I love but he feels is too much. He doesn't want to mess with letter tiles and all that anymore. I have heard that IEW is great, especially for boys. I will check it out!!