Menu

BJU vs. Apologia ??

wehave8

I'm looking at other posts on this topic and see BJU rates well. Our older dc did some AP Science and they did seem somewhat dry. So I am wondering, if you had 3 children 1 to 3 yrs. apart, would you consider BJU? How would you do it as far as combining? Would it be hard to do 2 or 3 levels at a time? I am interested in using DVDs with it in upper levels, too.

Pam

I think you could be well served by using BJU DVDs with the ages of your dc. You can buy a whole set for around $1000 and go up or down a grade in a couple of subjects. Then you could lease those same DVDs for an additional year for only $349, which is great. You would just have to purchase the consumables for the 2nd child (and I usually look for those at the classifieds here on WTM or on ebay. I have used two levels from 4th grade through 7th grade and it has been quite manageable here. As long as you are interested in at least 3 courses, it pays to get the full kit, even if there is a class or two that you might skip (and lots of people do that as it can be a long day with listening to all the DVDs and doing all the work. You can skip and choose as you like, and it'll still be a great education! Brenda

And as far as science goes, I think that BJU does a fantastic job with the DVDs. My dc have enjoyed every teacher for science between 3rd - 7th. Miss Liston in the 3rd grade science is one of their favorite teachers, and so is Mrs. Vick for 6th and 7th grade science. My dd loved Mrs. Dunn for science, as well.