Menu

Data on College Financial Aid

Ok, if say, Eckerd College, didn't submit their % financial need aid to collegeboard (my usual source for basic info) and you couldn't find it on their website (94% get aid, but merit and need-based are combined and there's no info about the average % met), where would you look for this data?

NPCs can be unreliable IOE.

I don't know whether not finding the data means they aren't good (overall) or if they really vary.

Ok, if say, Eckerd College, didn't submit their % financial need aid to collegeboard (my usual source for basic info) and you couldn't find it on their website (94% get aid, but merit and need-based are combined and there's no info about the average % met), where would you look for this data?

NPCs can be unreliable IOE.

I don't know whether not finding the data means they aren't good (overall) or if they really vary.

The Common Data Set for 2012-13, section H2, gives some of that information.

The Common Data Set for 2012-13, section H2, gives some of that information.

Thanks Kathy! That's exactly what I was looking for as it gives both the average need-based grant (% of need) and lets us know that approx 1/7 had their full need met (not meaning full ride or anything - just down to the EFC). As a bonus, it shows they don't appear to do huge loans for their "need." Basic loans I'm ok with. Our EFC is likely to be do-able.

The school can now more realistically stay on the radar - not as a sure thing/safety financially - but definitely as a possibility. It's rather quickly vaulted to my youngest's current #1, so good news is helpful. He's still looking for more schools to apply to, but I don't have to be the super mean mama telling him this one is unlikely due to finances, because it could work - if he's one they want.