Menu

Is there a program (book) out there that takes one from sentence construction through essays in one book?

I think Winning with Writing does a good job of this. For a young adult, the level 8 would probably be best. Goes from sentence structure to how to complete a paragraph with topic sentences, detail sentences, and an ending sentence. Then shows you how to outline your essay and complete paragraphs to go with your outline. Then moves on to completing a rough draft, editing the rough draft and finally completing the final draft. Goes through this process for different types of essays each week.

I think Winning with Writing does a good job of this. For a young adult, the level 8 would probably be best. Goes from sentence structure to how to complete a paragraph with topic sentences, detail sentences, and an ending sentence. Then shows you how to outline your essay and complete paragraphs to go with your outline. Then moves on to completing a rough draft, editing the rough draft and finally completing the final draft. Goes through this process for different types of essays each week.

Thank you. I'll take a look.