Menu

Workbooks to improve reading comprehension and word analysis?

wenti

My DS (G3) needs to improve his reading comprehension and word analysis skills in vocabulary in context, inference, phonic analysis, and explicit information. He is an excellent speller.

Could anyone recommend workbooks?

Thank you.

Ann

I haven't used it, but Evan-Moor has a "Daily Reading Comprehension" workbook. Critical Thinking Company also has some reading comprehension workbooks. If you have a Barnes and Noble near you, they have a large test prep section in their workbook section, and that really emphasizes reading comprehension.

My daughter has hyperlexia (reads at a much higher level than she understands). She has improved by several grade levels in comprehension this year by using wwe.

Thank you for your post.

I'll take a look for WWE.

I haven't used it, but Evan-Moor has a "Daily Reading Comprehension" workbook. Critical Thinking Company also has some reading comprehension workbooks. If you have a Barnes and Noble near you, they have a large test prep section in their workbook section, and that really emphasizes reading comprehension.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'll go to the B&N later.

Wordly Wise - has vocabulary and comprehension

Comprehension Plus by MCP - has vocabulary,comprehension and story analysis.

You can look up both of these on cbd.com or rainbowresources.

These two work in addition to narration. Nothing improves comprehension better than narration. Start with a small paragraph and progress to chapters.

Wordly Wise - has vocabulary and comprehension

Comprehension Plus by MCP - has vocabulary,comprehension and story analysis.

You can look up both of these on cbd.com or rainbowresources.

These two work in addition to narration. Nothing improves comprehension better than narration. Start with a small paragraph and progress to chapters.

Thank you so much!