Menu

My husband's son came over today as our school........

(Note, I don't call him step son because that would be an insult. I came into the lives of his boys when they were all adults).

The last 2 years, he was a Houston Public School Teacher, teaching Texas History to 7th graders. He was clearly comfortable in my mixed classroom!

He's leaving teaching and going to be a Missionary (through the SBC) in Northern Africa. He talked to us about his personal history that lead him to that decision, engaged the kids over Biblical principles behind his choice, talked about the culture (He has already been to Nigeria).

My denominational approach to Missionaries vs. his is quite......different. But I think it was a terrific school morning for a summer of learning Geography and World Cultures.

For various reasons, I haven't spent much time around my DH's sons; it was nice to have him over and see him in this setting (9 kids ranging from 4.5 to 16), 3 adults.

Anyway, he starts training next week. Pray for him and the people he'll eventually be in contact with.

Anyway, he starts training next week. Pray for him and the people he'll eventually be in contact with.

Some friends of ours are starting training next week, too. They are going to West Africa - Senegal, I think. I bet our friends and your dh's son are going to the same training center. :001_smile: