Menu

New edition of Caeser's English?

jhockley

Has anyone used it? And is it worth $60 vs. getting Wordly Wise per dd's request? I know it's totally against his program to rip the components apart, but I'm going to do it anyway, and my curriculum budget went out the window when my computer (and dh's) suddenly needed to be replaced. I think I will splurge and get the grammar and poetry books (we got the whole Island set from a friend on the cheap for this year!).

We used the old version of CE. It was fine.

I took a quick look at the new version and they've added in a lot. I might see if I could get an older edition rather than not using it (TM only is fine in old one).

CE is 5 stems in one lesson, 5 words in the next.

I really like it and I like how my son is recognizing CE words in books he's reading on his own.

We're using CE 2 this year and MCT grammar. We haven't used the writing or poetry.

Ceasar's English is great for retention. We used the old edition (you only need the teacher's manual for that one) with 100% retention, which I suggest for anyone on a budget. You do not have to use all the components to get the benefit of the vocabulary program, especially if your child is reading classic literature (where most of the words are drawn from).