Menu

Need your ideas for a Mall Scavenger Hunt..

I am throwing a surprise birthday party for my 12yo daughter, which will be a Mall Scavenger Hunt. I NEED ideas for what to "hunt" for. I have several idea already, but I just knew that you ladies would come up with some cool ideas too! The ages of the girls range from 10-14:) There will be 10 of them and they will be divided into 2 groups, so it will be a competition.

Thanks!

We had someone dressed as Waldo from the Where's Waldo books wandering the mall (it was the Mall of America so it was difficult to find him!) and they got 1,000 points for their team if they found him and took a picture with him.

Each team got a polaroid camera and we had things they had to find as well as places they had to take pictures of themselves for points. One of the pictures they had to do was be a mannequin in a store window (20 pts.). They had to get job applications for 5 pts. each from as many stores as possible. Business cards were 5 pts. each from either stores or people in the mall. Having the polaroids would be fun because you could make a scrapbook for your dd about her birthday party.

Have a great time!

I haven't actually done this, but mykids freinds did.

The parents/youth group leaders, went to the mall ahead of time and scoped it out and made a list from there.

Sometimes it was a symbol or picture in a window, sometimes it the was things like the little kiddy carts that were shaped liek fire trucks. They also had several people from chruch dressed up in costume just walking around so the kids would randomly bump into them just knowing they were looking for a clown or something.

sounds like fun!