Menu

Anyone use/familiar with The Book Of Roots from Memoria Press?

Oops 25 lessons and apparently they are not all 4 pages per lesson. :blushing: Some had 6 pages. I'm glad I double checked. I always double check when I post before drinking my first cup of coffee. :001_rolleyes: HTH

Ugh! I can't believe you led me so far astray! I think this new information will be a deal breaker then...too bad since I just hit the order button.

:lol: Kidding! I'm on my third cup. ;)

My dd used it in grade 6 for a short period of time. I did find the lessons busy work; basically for the amount of work she was putting into it, I didn't see an equal amount of benefit. So we dropped it. However she is studying Latin, so I wasn't too worried about it. For a child who isn't doing Latin, The Book of Roots might be more beneficial.

My dd used it in grade 6 for a short period of time. I did find the lessons busy work; basically for the amount of work she was putting into it, I didn't see an equal amount of benefit. So we dropped it. However she is studying Latin, so I wasn't too worried about it. For a child who isn't doing Latin, The Book of Roots might be more beneficial.

I can see how doing this alongside a thorough Latin program would feel like busywork. Dd10 will probably be sticking with Latin for years so I know we won't do a separate Vocab for her, however dd14, the one this program would be for, is doing Japanese so there wil be no overlap between the two.