Menu

Tablet Class offering FREE online resources...

Good to see you back on here Stephanie. How are things going with TC so far?

Hey Derek, we had to put a hold on TC for now and focus on reviewing Pre-alg concepts. We are using the Derek Owens, though, and we really like it! I went ahead and ordered the second Pre-alg workbook, and ds is working through that now. My plans are to finish this then work through the Keys series of Alg in summer, and start with Alg in the fall. I think by then he will be ready for those abstract concepts. Oh, did I mention to you that he will be taking Alg from our local private school? I am really hopeful about that! So we will see how everything goes this summer.

Thanks for asking about us!

Am I reading the site right? A free homeschool math course? Lol.

Aimee,

To get the *full course* you need to enroll in TabletClass. However these are videos from the actual paid class which we use. So they are a really good resource. Here is a quote from the owner/instructor, John, regarding the free videos and quizzes:

"The free course provides all the TabletClass course lesson videos- not the example sets videos. However the full courses are organized on the new blog and the videos can provide a massive amount of free education. The blog also has pop quizzes and excellent educational articles for math. Of course if people want the full version of my courses they need a TabletClass membership." -- John Zimmerman.

Aimee,

To get the *full course* you need to enroll in TabletClass. However these are videos from the actual paid class which we use. So they are a really good resource. Here is a quote from the owner/instructor, John, regarding the free videos and quizzes:

"The free course provides all the TabletClass course lesson videos- not the example sets videos. However the full courses are organized on the new blog and the videos can provide a massive amount of free education. The blog also has pop quizzes and excellent educational articles for math. Of course if people want the full version of my courses they need a TabletClass membership." -- John Zimmerman.

Oh I just need something to supplement her prealgebra right now, lol. TC is on my top 3 list of possibilities for algebra 1 next year. *happy dance*