Menu

Potter's School list/ feedback needed on specific classes

Looking for experienced feedback in the following classes and for specific (good) instructors for the courses following:

(All Potter's School) Thanks for any help. ; )

SAT Prep

The Art of Argument

Greek and Latin Roots

World History through Film

Logo to Lego

Logic

Psychology

Ds took the Logo to Lego class and he really enjoyed it. Definately highly recommended. Haven't taken any of the others you listed.

Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, how old was your son and do you have any tips on buying the software. Is the software terribly expensive or kit?

Was the class very time consuming, or more fun and interesting? Thanks you for your help.

I believe there is only one instructor. Did your son find him engaging?

My son is dyslexic, so its real important for me to know details, so I appreciate your feedback.

My dd took Mr. Gray's Logic & Apologetics and enjoyed him -- good class too! (Same teacher as Lego, I believe, and possibly Logic as well.)

My dd will probably take the summer SAT review. She had Mrs. Crosby for Algebra I & Geometry and loves her!

If Mr. Howat is teaching the world views class, my dd would recommend him. She hasn't taken the class, but he's done a few sessions on this topic in her Classical Track classes. When I asked just now, she said, "He's awesome!" He's knowledgeable and engaging.

If Mr. Howat is teaching the world views class, my dd would recommend him. She hasn't taken the class, but he's done a few sessions on this topic in her Classical Track classes. When I asked just now, she said, "He's awesome!" He's knowledgeable and engaging.

Mr. Howat or Mrs. Howat are both wonderful. I know them personally. Mallory Musser is an excellent teacher as well, but I'm not sure which courses she teaches.

My dd took Mr. Gray's Logic & Apologetics and enjoyed him -- good class too! (Same teacher as Lego, I believe, and possibly Logic as well.)

My dd will probably take the summer SAT review. She had Mrs. Crosby for Algebra I & Geometry and loves her!

Thanks for the feeback. This is exactly what i needed. : )

Mr. Howat or Mrs. Howat are both wonderful. I know them personally. Mallory Musser is an excellent teacher as well, but I'm not sure which courses she teaches.

Thank you. I wasn't familiar with these two teachers, so your feedback was very helpful.

Thank you. I wasn't familiar with these two teachers, so your feedback was very helpful.

You're welcome. I took classes from Mrs. Howat for three years of high school, and now I'm teaching her class in the same program. Her son, Tyler Howat, was the TA at the time :-)

I think I can also recommend Betsy Howard, but again, I don't know what she teaches. She taught at a prestigious classical school in our area for two years, and I worked with her in other capacities.

Logo to Lego with Mr. Gray is wonderful. You might not believe that an online robotics class could work out, but it does. And Mr. Gray is great when you have an emergency -- like it's late and the project is due and you can't get the do-hicky to work . . . he'll get back to you. Highly recommend this class. DD had a blast. Only drawback is the set is $$; but with some time and effort on Ebay, one could find a deal.