Menu

Supplementing CLE with Math Mammoth

This is an interesting question since we use CLE and also purchased MM for this reason as a supplement (grades 4-6)... but then never used it! Of course we haven't had the need for it yet either while going through CLE. Maybe we will at some point. Hm, I was about to sell it. But maybe I'll hang to it just in case.

If I was going to have it just incase I needed another way of explaining it, I would buy the topical books and not the one that is curriculum by grade level.

Yeah, when we purchased it after CLE I think it also acted as our Plan B in case CLE didn't work for whatever reasons. But then we found CLE to be working so well that MM really went to the back burner. We also had them try MM initially and they weren't as keen on it. So it sits unused. Maybe the topical books would be better if one wanted to focus more on division or percents for example vs. an entire year of material which include *all* topics for that year.

I've used BJU successfully with my other boys, but it is just not working with this child. My sister has used CLE with 4 of her kids through several grades and she loves it, so I've had a chance to really look through the books. I think I may hold off on MM until I can tell if there is a need. I hate to spend money if I don't need to and it's a quick download if I decide we need it.

Thanks!

I've used BJU successfully with my other boys, but it is just not working with this child. My sister has used CLE with 4 of her kids through several grades and she loves it, so I've had a chance to really look through the books. I think I may hold off on MM until I can tell if there is a need. I hate to spend money if I don't need to and it's a quick download if I decide we need it.

Thanks!

Yes, I think that would be a wise choice. There really is no rush. In hindsight we should have waited for the 'need for it.' It is *very* easy to purchase MM online, not so much to return or sell when you don't use it. But I'm also a bit of a curriculum junkee and almost always end up with more than is actually needed. :tongue_smilie: