Menu

Lukeion Classes

What is the difficulty level of the vocabulary class, Witty Wordsmith versus the Classical Mythology Alpha class? And are the difficultly levels for the companion spring classes similar to the fall classes?

I was thinking of registering my dd 13, an 8th grader this fall, in both classes (Witty Wordsmith and Classical Mythology Alpha,) but want to make sure there isn't a large discrepancy in level/requirements between the two classes. If there is, which would be better for an 8th grader with well above grade level reading / creative writing abilities, average grammar / academic writing abilities and a flighty disposition (a budding film / drama / music major that dreads academics in general?)

Melissa, you may ask them to send you links to sample videos of similar courses currently offered in Spring. That might give you an idea of the course format and homework load (you get a glimpse of the webpage of the current week's homework at the end of the video)

We're also interested in Witty Wordsmith. From what I've heard, Witty Wordsmith is relatively easier compared to their other regular classes, Alpha has heavier workload. This is not our first-hand experience, just what I've heard. I'd also be interested in hearing what others would say.