Menu

Suggestions for Spanish?

journey00

I just posted a MUCH longer review on this forum, but Visual Link Spanish has been working very well for us! I also speak around the house a lot. I find that most of the things I say in English are very repetitive (put your coat on, wash your hands, do you want some more?, etc.) so that it is very easy to just start replacing these common phrases with Spanish. I also have done a lot of vocabulary with flash cards and books. But my kids have made so much progress with Visual Link that its astounding. If your son were younger, I would suggest'just switching to Spanish all the time at home but since he's at the age where I believe including some explicit instruction becomes necessary, I would recommend Visual Link in addition to speaking around the house.

My son has always been able to understand me if I ask "Qué quieres comer?" or whatever, but after doing Visual Link he is now initiating conversations on his own, such as "Quiero tomar leche...es importante tomar leche!"which is so fun. If your son wants to learn Spanish I think he'd really like it and enjoy the fast progress!

Elena

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to mention that having a headset w/microphone is necessary for some of the games on Visual Link. They sell it on their website, and I believe they had a better price than I found anywhere else. We've been using this for over a year and my kids still enjoy it. We have all three levels. I am looking forward to my children venturing onto Level II so I will have someone to practice with!